The Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute (CRSI) announces the election of two members to its Board of Directors for three-year terms:
- Mary Becker, Nucor Steel Sedalia LLC
- Spence Peters, Steel Dynamics, Inc.
“I am excited that Mary and Spence have been appointed to this new role as they are active and engaged members within the Institute. I am confident they will be effective as part of the Board in directing CRSI’s future success,” stated Danielle Kleinhans, President and CEO of the Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute.
The full Board of Directors was approved at the Business Meeting held during CRSI’s Fall Business & Technical Meeting on October 23th, 2018 at the Hyatt Centric Magnificent Mile in Chicago, IL. The 2018/2019 Board consists of:
- Chairman – Tim Thomas, American Steel Fabricators, Inc.
- Vice Chairman – Donald Barney, Nucor Corporation
- Secretary/Treasurer – Brad Cottrell, Commercial Metals Company
- At-Large Director – Jeff Estep, Farwest Steel Reinforcing Company
- At-Large Director – Keith LePage, Whitacre Engineering Company
- At-Large Director – Mary Becker, Nucor Steel Sedalia LLC
- At-Large Director – Kevin Cornell, Salit Specialty Rebar
- At-Large Director – Rob Faircloth, Contractors Materials Company
- At-Large Director – Spence Peters, Steel Dynamics, Inc.
- At-Large Director – Chris Stowers, Commercial Metals Company
- At-Large Director – Kevin Van de Ven, Nucor Corporation
- Executive Committee Member
- Chairman, Marketing Committee – William Brack, Harris Rebar
- Chairman, Engineering Practice Committee – Lou Colarusso, nVent
- Chairman, Member Services Committee – Matthew Schewe, Commercial Metals Company
Region Representative Directors
- Greater Southwest Region Director – Marcelo Acuña, ABC Coating Company, Inc.
- Midwest Region Director – Chris Linnemeyer, Keystone Consolidated Industries, Inc.
- Northeast Region Director – Jim Melvin, Re-Steel Supply Co., Inc.
- Western Region Director – Bethany Hennings, Cascade Steel Rolling Mills, Inc.
- Chairman, CRSI Education & Research Foundation – Scott Leib, aSa – Applied Systems Associates, Inc.
- President and CEO – Dr. Danielle Kleinhans, Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute
About the Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute
Founded in 1924, the Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute (CRSI) is a technical institute and Standards Developing Organization (SDO) that stands as the authoritative resource for information related to steel reinforced concrete construction.
Serving the needs of engineers, architects and construction professionals, CRSI offers many industry-trusted technical publications, standards documents, design aids, reference materials and educational opportunities. CRSI Members include manufacturers, fabricators, material suppliers and placers of steel reinforcing bars and related products as well as professionals who are involved in the research, design, and construction of steel reinforced concrete. CRSI also has a broad Region Manager network that supports both members and industry professionals. Serving the construction market in the United States, Canada, and Mexico, CRSI is headquartered in Schaumburg, Ill. with regional offices located across the United States.