Husqvarna presents a brand new remote-control floor grinder – the PG 680 RC – with a unique automated oscillation function. This allows the operator to mimic manual operation movements for higher efficiency and greater productivity and consistency on the job. At the same time, the PG 680 RC is flexible and fits through a standard door opening.
“The automatic oscillation is a new function available exclusively on all of Husqvarna’s remote-controlled floor grinders, the PG 820 RC and now PG 680 RC. With it, the user achieves the best possible grinding pattern by adjusting amplitude and frequency. It also creates a flatter floor by eliminating so-called “ridges” otherwise created between passes. The oscillation function saves the operator time, as the machine only needs to make one pass over the floor, instead of using the cross hatching technique,” says Mark Michaels, Director of Product Management – Americas.
The PG 680 RC is the second remote-controlled floor grinder from Husqvarna Construction Products. Using a remote-controlled grinder delivers increased productivity over manual grinders due to the fact the operator can correct hoses and power cord, move the dust collector, inspect the floor, and prepare the next set of tools – all while the machine is still running. The remote control unit can also optimize grinding parameters across multiple operators, resulting in more consistent operation and a better-finished surface.
Using a remote-controlled planetary grinder with Husqvarna’s exclusive Dual Drive Technology instead of a manually maneuvered machine means the operator is not exposed to the vibrations and lateral forces on the machine; therefore, the operator is not fatigued and delivers consistent production throughout the job. The machine is also controlled by remote when transporting it to and from the jobsite thanks to the integrated battery’s power.
Of course, the PG 680 RC comes with all the advantages of the standard PG 680. With Dual Drive Technology, the PG 680 RC is one of the market’s most powerful and efficient machines in its class that can be optimized for each application. It is an excellent choice for concrete floor preparation and repair as well as all polishing and grinding applications – both wet and dry. It is also perfect for Husqvarna’s Hiperfloor concrete floor polishing system.
- Oscillation function – allows the operator to mimic manual operation movements. It creates the best possible grinding pattern by adjusting amplitude and frequency as well as a flatter floor by eliminating ridges.
- E-Track – allows the operator to set the machine to track in a straight line.
- Compact size – can easily move through a standard door opening.
- Increased productivity – higher output as optimum grinding parameters can be maintained over time. More grinding hours per day since one person can operate and prepare the next steps simultaneously.
- Parameter settings – enable consistent and better grinding performance.
- Ergonomic operation – operator is not exposed to vibrations and sideway forces of the machine.
- User friendly – intuitive display with two-way communication with machine.
- Transportation – effortless loading/unloading with integrated battery.
- Dual Drive Technology
- Power, hp (kW): 17.4 (13)
- Voltage, V: 380-480
- Rated current, A: 32
- Power supply: 3-phase
- Grinding width, in (mm): 27 (680)
- Total grinding pressure, lbs (kg): 593 (269)
- Grinding disc speed, rpm: 250 – 1,100
- Weight (including wheel support), lbs (kg): 1,097 (498)