University of Nevada, Reno, takes Concrete Canoe title

A team from University of Nevada, Reno captured the university’s first national Concrete Canoe title at the American Society of Civil Engineers’ 21st Annual National Concrete Canoe Competition in Montréal. The Wolf Pack’s 19.5-foot-long, 160-pound white canoe with blue and silver stain defeated entries from top engineering schools from across North America. The races counted for 25 percent of the teams’ overall score. The remaining 75 percent was based equally on a technical design paper, a formal oral presentation and the end product. The team’s closest competitors were from the University of California, Berkeley, and the host school, École de technologie supérieure. ?

Got more questions about your project?

  • Drop files here or
    Accepted file types: jpeg, jpg, gif, png, pdf, Max. file size: 50 MB.
      Allowed formats: jpeg, jpg, gif, png, pdf
    • How would you like us to respond?

    • Note: Some questions will be published anonymously with their answers at the end of this story to share with other readers.