The fourth annual Decorative Concrete LIVE! will continue to showcase innovative construction applications for residential and commercial contractors at the World of Concrete in Las Vegas Feb. 4-7, 2020. In 2019, more than 5,000 attendees interacted with artisans, product experts and designers to learn the most current trends in decorative concrete construction.
Exploring the theme “Crafting Cityscapes,” Decorative Concrete LIVE! 2020 will show attendees designs, techniques and materials that can be used to transform outdoor urban spaces into colorful, vibrant contributions to communities.
“Urban planners are combining colorful surfaces and textures with innovative shapes and structures to bring new life to their communities,” says Bent Mikkelsen, organizer of Decorative Concrete LIVE! and publisher of Concrete Decor magazine. These innovative elements include planters, pedestrian crossings, vertical spaces, water features and walking surfaces.
“Decorative Concrete LIVE! will demonstrate how designers and contractors can incorporate surface treatments, exterior claddings and texturing techniques to achieve an architect’s vision of a cityscape,” he continues.
Mikkelsen and his team are conferring with several design experts on the final layout. Several applications under discussion include:
- Using insulated concrete forms to build vertical substrates for economical and durable innovative surface treatments.
- Constructing urban water features.
- Placing textured walking surfaces that comply with current ADA requirements.
- Selecting exterior coatings that bring color to standard concrete.
- Forming curved surfaces with new technologies such as fabrics.
- Building concrete structures such as benches, tables and play areas.
“Decorative Concrete LIVE! allows the concrete community to come together to demonstrate the material’s versatility when combined with the artisan’s skill. We will also be showing concrete’s role in building resilient and sustainable communities,” says Mikkelsen.
For more information on how you or your company can become involved with Decorative Concrete LIVE! at World of Concrete in 2020, call (877) 935-8906.