Giatec Scientific Inc., world leader in concrete testing technologies, is pleased to announce the 2nd Annual Net Zero Construction Conference will be taking place on March 10th, 2022. After a resounding success last year, there is an expectation that this year’s event will surpass its own record.
This one-day conference will bring together top pioneers and subject-matter experts to present innovations that are paving the way for a net-zero future. Leaders like Kiewit, Procore, and PCA will also join in a discussion about sustainable construction, concrete, and technology.
Topics covered include:
- Improving Performance of Concrete for Sustainable Infrastructure with Kiewit Engineering Group’s Engineering Manager, Oscar Antommattei.
- Mapping The Emergence and Diffusion of GHG Mitigation Policies in The Pavement Sector Through the Lens of Life Cycle Assessment with Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Research Affiliate, Hessam Azarijafari.
- Roadmap To Carbon Neutrality with the Portland Cement Association (PCA) Vice President of Sustainability, Rick Bohan.
- Concrete Carbon Solution with National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (NRMCA) Senior Vice President of Sustainability, Codes and Standards, Tien Peng, and Director of Sustainability Initiatives, Katie Poss.
- Panel Discussion on Overcoming Roadblocks to A Green Future with Dr. Aali Alizadeh, Andrew Fahim, Brianne Stewart, Dr. Chris Shearer, Daniella Meyer, and Dr. Doug Hooton.
The Net Zero Construction Conference would like to thank US Concrete, Concrete Sustainability Council, and Sustainable Development Technology Canada for their sponsorship in making this event possible.
“Every year, 20 billion tons (10 billion cubic yards) of concrete is produced globally, which translates to approximately 2 billion tons of Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions, 8% of global CO2 pollution,” said Pouria Ghods, co-founder and CEO of Giatec Scientific Inc. “The Net Zero Construction Conference calls builders, designers, policymakers, and product manufacturers to discussion and action as they share predictions, innovations, and solutions that are driving sustainable construction forward.”
As part of Giatec’s commitment to sustainability, the company has partnered with One Tree Planted. They will plant 100 trees in recognition of each speaker, for a total of 1,500 new trees. Join the conversation on March 10, 2022. Share your experiences and learn about both the trends and technologies that are paving the way for our net-zero future. For the full list of speakers, agenda, and also to register, go to www.netzeroconstructionconference.com.
Giatec is a global company that is revolutionizing the construction industry. They are doing this by bringing both smart testing technologies and real-time data collection to the forefront of every jobsite. Giatec’s suite of both hardware and software products has leveraged advanced technologies such as; Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Internet of Things (IoT), including; wireless concrete sensors, mobile apps, and also advanced non-destructive technologies (NDT) to drive innovation throughout concrete’s lifecycle. For more information, you can also visit www.giatec.ca