Engineers, contractors, educators, manufacturers, and material representatives will convene virtually from October 17-21, 2021, at the 2021 ACI Concrete Convention. This convention is the world’s gathering place for advancing concrete. Originally scheduled as a hybrid event in Atlanta, Ga., and online, the event will now be fully virtual.
“Just a few short months ago, we were excited about the opportunity to see each other again in Atlanta, GA – I know that I was, and I’m sure that you were, too,” stated Cary Kopczynski, PE, SE, FACI, FPTI, President, American Concrete Institute. “But rest assured that we are channeling that collective excitement into making the ACI Concrete Convention the most productive and best virtual event it can be.”
Both technical and educational sessions will provide attendees with the latest research, case studies, best practices, and the opportunity to earn Professional Development Hours (PDHs). Over 55 technical sessions will be presented live with on-demand viewing available afterward, providing substantial opportunity to advance knowledge.
Of the 55+ sessions, five featured sessions include:
- ACI 301‐20 Specifications for Concrete
- Sustainability Considerations for Concrete Pavements
- Ultra-High-Performance Concrete (UHPC) – Hot Topics
- What I Wish I Knew: Work-Life Balance
- Research Development and Applications of FRP Reinforcements
Additional ACI Concrete Convention highlights include:
- Opening Session and Keynote Presentation: The Opening Session is the official start to the convention. It will begin with a welcome address by ACI President Cary Kopczynski.
- ACI Excellence in Concrete Construction Awards: The ACI Excellence in Concrete Construction Awards virtual celebration will honor exceptional concrete construction from around the world.
- International Lunch and Learn: Speaker Sergio Alcocer will discuss recent advances in research, design, and construction practice on the seismic rehabilitation of buildings in Mexico.
- President’s Reception with Concrete Mixer : ACI President Cary Kopczynski invites all convention attendees to the President’s Reception. Here you will have the opportunity to hear from the ACI President and network virtually with other attendees.
Throughout the convention, ACI will hold hundreds of committee meetings. There will also be 55+ technical sessions, a virtual exhibit hall/demos, networking events, and more. The convention is generously supported by Thomas Concrete, Baker Concrete Construction, Concrete Sealants, Inc., Argos, Brasfield & Gorrie, Euclid Chemical, GCP Applied Technologies, Holcim, Martin Concrete Construction, Master Builders Solutions, Metromont Corporation, Precision Concrete Construction, Inc., PS=0, Uzun + Case, LLC, and also additional sponsors. The ACI Excellence in Concrete Construction Awards is supported by Advancing Organizational Excellence (AOE), NEx: An ACI Center of Excellence for Nonmetallic Building Materials, and additional sponsors.
Registration for the full virtual convention is as low as $99, with free access available to all students. On-demand recordings of sessions and presentations will remain available afterward to all registered attendees. To learn more about the 2021 ACI Concrete Convention and also to register, please visit aciconvention.org.
About The American Concrete Institute
The American Concrete Institute is a leading global authority for the development, dissemination and also the adoption of its consensus-based standards. Likewise, they are leaders in technical resources, and educational, training and certification programs. The ACI began in 1904. It has its headquarters in Farmington Hills, Michigan. ACI also has a regional office in Dubai, UAE. Additionally, they have a resource center in Southern California. You can also visit concrete.org for additional information.