Hex Head Sleeve Anchors Offer Options
A Hex Head Sleeve Anchor is a versatile masonry fastener that offers beneficial options when attaching items to solid concrete, brick and block base materials.
- HEX HEAD: Meets many application requirements
- WIDE RANGE OF DIAMETERS:Range of diameters from ¼” to ¾”
- 360 DEGREE EXPANSION: Provides consistent and reliable holding values in a wide range of base materials
- PRE-ASSEMBLED AND READY TO INSTALL: No need to purchase bolts, nuts, and washers separately; convenient application process
- ANCHOR SIZE IS BIT SIZE: Simple, fast and provides consistent tolerance for optimal results
- AVAILABLE IN ZINC PLATED AND 304 STAINLESS STEEL:Anchor choices provide for both dry or wet environments; versatile application to meet environmental conditions
Installation: It is important to consider a number of technical specifications. Ultimate holding values, anchor length, and minimum embedment will determine the size and type of sleeve anchor needed for a specific application. The hole to be drilled in the base material is equal to the diameter of the sleeve anchor being used.
Length: To determine the length of sleeve anchor required, add the thickness of the material to be fastened, plus minimum embedment, plus the thickness of the nut and washer. The sum of these three items equals the minimum sleeve anchor length. The hex head sleeve anchor requires no maximum hole depth. The depth of the hole in the base material should be at least the length of the sleeve anchor minus the thickness of the material being fastened. This will provide some extra depth to accommodate a minor amount of concrete cuttings that may not be able to be cleaned out of the hole.
Spacing: The forces on a hex head sleeve anchor are transferred to the material in which it is installed. If the anchors are installed too close together, it can cause an interaction of the forces that may negatively impact the holding power of the anchor. The expansion anchor industry has established a minimum standard of ten anchor diameters for spacing between anchors and five anchor diameters from an unsupported edge. When vibration or sudden impact is part of the load conditions, the spacing should be increased.
When an application to either indoor or outdoor concrete, brick or block is required, the CONFAST® Hex Head Sleeve Anchor could be the most effective masonry fastener to get the job done.
Concrete Fastening Systems has over 40 years of experience selling extensive lines of high quality concrete fasteners. Ordering CONFAST® Hex Head Sleeve Anchor direct from the manufacturer at www.concretefasteners.com can also save up to 70% over retail pricing with orders shipped on the same business day received.