The American Concrete Institute is offering a new series of seminars. The goal of the ACI 318-19 seminar is to focus on the new ACI 318-19, Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete and Commentary.
“ACI 318-19: Changes to the Concrete Design Standard” seminars will also feature face-to-face interaction with highly recognized speakers. Attendees will also receive a free copy of the ACI 318-19 code requirements and presentation handouts.
The new ACI 318-19 Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete contains some of the most significant technical changes since the 1971 Code, and more than 100 additional pages of provisions compared to the 2014 Code. The first to be published since the format of ACI 318 was reorganized in 2014, it is anticipated that it will be referenced in the 2021 International Building Code (IBC). Now containing full color three-dimensional illustrations to improve clarity, ACI 318-19 features clear language and style consistency and is organized so that engineers have increased confidence they have satisfied all necessary code requirements.
The seminars will be held in cities around the U.S. They will be a chance to interact with other members and will also cover all the major changes in this new edition of the ACI Code. Additionally, the seminar will take place during the ACI Concrete Convention, in Rosemont/Chicago, IL, April 2, 2020.
Current locations include:
- Savannah, GA, March 3, 2020
- San Diego, CA, March 5, 2020
- Tampa, FL, March 10, 2020
- Houston, TX, March 12, 2020
- Little Rock, AR, March 17, 2020
- New Orleans, LA, March 19, 2020
- Chicago, IL, April 2, 2020
- Dallas, TX, April 9, 2020
- Raleigh, NC, April 14, 2020
- St. Louis, MO, April 16, 2020
- Pittsburgh, PA, April 21, 2020
- Indianapolis, IN, April 23, 2020
- Cleveland, OH, April 28, 2020
- Miami, FL, April 30, 2020
- New Brunswick, NJ, May 5, 2020
- Des Moines, IA, May 7, 2020
- Portland, OR, May 12, 2020
- Baltimore, MD, May 14, 2020
- Minneapolis, MN, May 19, 2020
- Albany, NY, May 21, 2020
- Nashville, TN, May 28, 2020
- Denver, CO, June 3, 2020
- Sacramento, CA, June 4, 2020
- Richmond, VA, June 9, 2020
In addition to having the most up-to-date information at each seminar, attendees receive Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for attending the seminar.
As always, ACI members receive special discounts on both ACI seminars and online courses. For more information on seminar dates and locations, and also to register, visit concrete.org.
The American Concrete Institute is a leading global authority for the development, dissemination, and also adoption of its consensus-based standards. It also serves as a technical resource and offers educational, training and certification programs. The association began in 1904. It has its headquarters in Farmington Hills, Michigan, USA. It also has a regional office in Dubai, UAE. Additionally, the ACI has a resource center in Southern California. www.concrete.org