The American Concrete Institute (ACI) will to recognize several individuals for their outstanding contributions and also their dedication to ACI and the concrete industry. The Fall 2021 awardees consist of both personal and paper award winners. The ACI will recognize these winners during its Virtual Concrete Convention, October 17-21, 2021. The association asks that you join them by also registering at aciconvention.org.
The following medals and awards recognize exemplary achievement, groundbreaking research, and service to the association and the concrete industry.
Medals and awards
- ARTHUR R. ANDERSON MEDAL – Ron Klemencic
- ROGER H. CORBETTA CONCRETE CONSTRUCTOR AWARD – Chris A. Forster
- JOE W. KELLY AWARD – Mary Beth Deisz Hueste
- ALFRED E. LINDAU AWARD – Werner Fuchs
- HENRY C. TURNER MEDAL – Arturo Gaytan Covarrubias
- CHARLES S. WHITNEY MEDAL – Michael M. Sprinkel
- CONCRETE SUSTAINABILITY AWARD – Kimberly Waggle Kramer
- ACI EDUCATION AWARD – Cecil Jones
- WASON MEDAL FOR MOST MERITORIOUS PAPER – Emmanuel K. Attiogbe
- ACI SYMPOSIUM VOLUMES AWARD – Kjell Tore Fosså, Anton Gjørven, Kåre O. Hæreid, and also Jameel Khalifa, Widianto
- WASON MEDAL FOR MATERIALS RESEARCH – Deborah Glosser, O. Burkan Isgor, W. Jason Weiss
- METE A. SOZEN AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN STRUCTURAL RESEARCH – Shih-Ho Chao, Youngjae Choi
- ACI CONCRETE INTERNATIONAL AWARD – Scott Tarr
You can also learn more about each of the awards listed above at concrete.org.
The American Concrete Institute is a leading global authority for the development, dissemination, and also adoption of its consensus-based standards. It also serves as a technical resource and offers educational, training and certification programs. The association began in 1904. Additionally, it has its headquarters in Farmington Hills, Michigan, USA. It also has a regional office in Dubai, UAE. Additionally, the ACI has a resource center in Southern California. www.concrete.org