The American Concrete Institute (ACI) is opening a third Resource Center, located in Columbia, MD, to serve Mid-Atlantic based communities in the concrete industry. The new ACI Resource Center — Mid-Atlantic will help meet the increased demand for ACI knowledge through hands–on training, educational offerings, and on–demand access to ACI Certification Programs.
ACI Resource Centers offer a diverse array of custom training programs designed to communicate required skills and demonstrate test methods in order to achieve certification. In addition to custom training programs, the new Mid-Atlantic Resource Center offers education programs on popular industry topics such as design, fundamentals, repair, slabs, and more.
“The newest ACI Resource Center is strategically located in the Mid-Atlantic region to continue expanding access to ACI knowledge in large markets of the concrete construction industry,” said Michael Morrison, FACI, FASTM, ACI Certification Program Development Manager. “We’re eager to bring regularly scheduled and on-demand certification programs, educational seminars, hands-on training, and more to the region.”
The Mid-Atlantic Resource Center will be open for business on Tuesday, September 5, 2023.
Upcoming Certification Events include:
- September 6, 2023: Concrete Strength Testing Technician Training
- September 7, 2023: Concrete Strength Testing Technician
- September 12, 2023: Aggregate/Soils Base Testing Technician
- September 14, 2023: Aggregate Testing Technician – Level II
- September 19, 2023: Cement Physical Tester
- September 26, 2023: Masonry Laboratory Testing Technician
- September 28, 2023: Masonry Field Testing Technician
- October 5, 2023: Self-Consolidating Concrete Testing Technician
- October 5, 2023: Aggregate Testing Technician – Level I
- October 10, 2023: Shotcrete Inspector
- October 11, 2023: Concrete Construction Special Inspector
- October 11, 2023: Concrete Construction Sustainability and Resilience Assessor
The remainder of this year’s Certification events at thenew resource center are available online.
Please refer to the ACI Events Calendar and the Mid-Atlantic Resource Center webpage for more information. You will also find updates on future events as well. The new resource center can be reached by phone at +1.248.516.1113, or via email. Contact the manager Ken Coffey by phone, (248) 516-1116, or at [email protected].
About The American Concrete Institute
The American Concrete Institute is a leading global authority for the development, dissemination, and adoption of its consensus-based standards, technical resources, and educational, training, & certification programs. Founded in 1904, ACI is headquartered in Farmington Hills, Michigan, USA, with a regional office in Dubai, UAE, and resource centers in Southern California, Chicago/Midwest and the Mid-Atlantic. Visit concrete.org for additional information.