The Concrete Industry Management (CIM) program is a business intensive program that awards students with a four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Concrete Industry Management. Recently they announced that the signature item for their annual auction at World of Concrete is a Mack Granite Boost-A-Load mixer donated by Mack Trucks, Inc. and equipped with a McNeilus FLEX Controls Bridgemaster Mixer.
“Mack Trucks and McNeilus have stepped up by making a significant donation to support the CIM Auction,” said Ben Robuck, CIM Auction Committee Chairman. “This mixer truck will help ensure a successful CIM Auction at the 2020 World of Concrete. We are very appreciative of the support from Mack Trucks and McNeilus. It speaks volumes to their commitment to the concrete industry and the importance these leading companies place on the CIM program.”
“McNeilus is proud to continue our support of the CIM program and invest in future leaders that will advance the industry,” commented Robert Monchamp, Vice President and General Manager of McNeilus Mixers and London Machinery. “We believe in this program and its mission,” continued Monchamp. “At McNeilus, we continue to innovate and invest in technology to help push the industry forward. The CIM program mirrors our commitment to support our ever-changing concrete industry and gives these graduates the skills to excel.”
The truck is a 2019 Mack Granite Boost-A-Load mixer.
- VIN 1M2GR2GC6LM017698
- Model – Granite 2019 GR64FR
- Engine – Mack MP7-375C, 375 hp @ 1360 lb.ft. torque
- Engine Brake – Mack PowerLeash
- Cleartech One emissions system
- Transmission – MACK TMD14AFO-HD mDRIVE HD 14 SP, Ultra-Low Creeper/ Multi-Speed Reverse (Overdrive)
- Wheelbase – 248-inch
- Frame – STEEL – 300mm X 90mm X 9.5mm — (11.81″ X 3.54″ X 0.37″)
- Front axle – Mack FXL20, 20,000 lb.
- Rear axle – Mack S462R, 46,000 lb., CRD 150/151 Mack Carrier, RAR 3.56
- Rear auspension – HMX 460, 46,000 lb.
- Tires: 425/65R22.5 L Bridgestone M864, 11R22.5 H Bridgestone M799
- Brakes – Meritor “S” CAM with Bendix ABS with Traction Control 6S/6M
- Fuel tank – LH 72 Gallon 26-inch D-shaped sleeved tank with integrated DEF tank
- Interior – trim level: Premium package, steel gray
- Paint color- white – 900884
- Guarddog Connect With 4G/LTE And WLAN system with diagnostic services
- Updated interior for better driver interface and ergonomics
- Full-color dash and instrument cluster with 5-inch copilot screen
- Mack premium seats developed with Sears seating for best-in-class comfort and durability
- Power windows and locks
- Self-cancelling turn signals
- Flat bottom steering wheel with cruise and radio switches
- Two-piece windshield
- Alcoa LVL ONE Alum wheels
- Bright finish options: grill, air intakes, mirrors, DPF cover
- Stainless steel sun visor
- Auxiliary air tank capacity for one extra lift axle included
- Driver controlled inter-wheel differential lock all RR axles
- Premium stereo, CD-player, MP3, weatherband
- Mixer Boc Xmber – steel rolled flanged for REPTO pump
The McNeilus FLEX Controls Bridgemaster Mixer includes:
- 11-cubic-yard M80 Series™ drum
- 46-inch paver opening
- Award-winning FLEX Controls™
- 3-button joystick
- Rear pendant keypad with 25-foot cable
- PMP PMB 7.1 straight drive
- Eaton motor and pump
- 150-gallon lightweight aluminum water tank high-mount with 24-inch step
- 3 solid weld steel extension chutes with vertical rear pedestal hanging rack
- Flip up hopper with 4-inch drop
- Poly collector bib
- 2 Bridgemaster pressure guages – in cab with FLEX Controls and near combo block
- 2 slump meters – in cab with FLEX Controls and illuminated meter on rear pedestal
- Lighting package with night pour lights and strobe on rear pedestal
- Step bumper
- Recovery loop
- Clear coat for extra protection with one color paint in white
- Standard warranty
Also included with the mixer
- Delivery from Las Vegas to anywhere in lower 48 states
- All FET tax paid
- Mack extended warranty, 60 months/ 250,000 miles (Engine Plan 2, exhaust aftertreatment system, engine towing, transmission and clutch)
“The Concrete Industry Management program is creating strong leaders and employees in the concrete industry, which is a very important market segment for Mack Trucks,” said Tim Wrinkle, Mack Construction Product Manager. “We are proud to once again support the CIM with a donation of a Mack Granite model to the auction.”
The annual auction will be held Wednesday, Feb. 5 in the North Hall Room N262 of the Las Vegas Convention Center. The silent auction will be held from 11 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. and the live auction begins at 1 p.m. Once again this year, Internet bidding will be available on the Ritchie Bros. website, www.rbauction.com. To participate in electronic auction bidding, bidders must register a week in advance. Those participating in the auction at World of Concrete can register on-site. For a full list of items, please visit www.concretedegree.com/auction.
Those interested in making a donation should contact CIM Auction Committee Chairman Ben Robuck either at [email protected] or (404) 456-6867.
Receiving tremendous support from the concrete industry, the CIM program was the first of its kind in United States – a four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Concrete Industry Management. The need for such a program was recognized through the RMC 2000 movement in 1994 and was then put into action by the Tennessee concrete industry. The end-result was a partnership between both the concrete industry and Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) to develop the CIM program, implementing it with its first two students in 1996, and producing its first graduates in 2000.
Since its humble beginning, the CIM program has expanded. Now, in addition to MTSU, it is available at California State University, Chico, Texas State University, the New Jersey Institute of Technology, and beginning fall of 2021, South Dakota State University. Today, there are more than 475 students pursuing degrees in Concrete Industry Management. Additionally, hundreds of CIM graduates are now working in the concrete industry.
The goal of CIM
The goal of the program is to produce broadly educated, articulate graduates grounded in basic construction management. The program aims to create students who are knowledgeable of concrete technology and techniques and are able to manage people and systems as well as promote products or services related to the concrete industry. It entails a broad range of courses, from English and history to science and also mathematics. A series of required business courses such as finance, marketing, management and business law are also taken throughout the length of the program.
The concrete-specific courses teach the fundamentals of both concrete and its properties. It also teaches testing, concrete construction and more. All of these courses provide much more than what is simply in the text. They emphasize problem-solving, quality assurance and customer satisfaction. They utilize both practical case studies and an internship. This ensures the student obtains real-world experience essential to starting a successful career. Additional opportunities include both on-campus socials and other events providing industry networking and professional development.
The CIM program also continues to provide future leaders for the concrete industry. To learn more about the program, you can also visit www.concretedegree.com.