The National Steering Committee (NSC) for the Concrete Industry Management (CIM) program – a business-intensive program that awards students with a four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Concrete Industry Management – recently announced its new board members beginning July 1.
The new NSC officers* include:
- Executive Director – Rex Cottle
- Chairman – Karl H. Watson, President and Chief Executive Officer, 7W Capital
- Vice Chairman – Steven Cox, Vice President – Customer Success, Command Alkon
- Secretary/Treasurer – Nicole R. Maher, Chief Operating Officer, National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (NRMCA)
- Immediate Past Chairman – Mike Schneider, Vice President, Chief People Officer (CPO), Baker Concrete Construction, Inc.
*All officers also serve on the board of directors.
The NSC subcommittee chairs include:
- Heather Brown, Vice President of QC/QA, Irving Materials, Inc. – Education Committee
- Brian Gallagher, Vice President, Corporate Development, Graycor – Marketing Committee
- Randal M. Beard, Principal and Managing Director, Diagnostics Group, Walter P Moore – Long-Range Planning Committee
- Ben Robuck, Vice President – Infrastructure and Direct Work, CEMEX – Auction Committee
- Steve Cox, Vice President – Customer Success, Command Alkon – Membership Committee
- Paula Dunn, Learning and Development Manager, Master Builders Solutions – Recruiting Committee
- Julie Garbini, Executive Director, RMC Research & Education Foundation – Research Committee Chair
The NSC board of directors includes:
- Bruce Christensen, Vice President, Admixture Systems, Master Builders Solutions
- Kelly Curtis,** Senior Vice President, Cement Sales & Logistics, Votorantim Cement North America
- Frank Flatch, Vice President of Human Resources and Corporate Counsel, Silvi Group Companies
- Karl H. Watson, President and Chief Executive Officer, 7W Capital
- Julie Garbini, Executive Director, RMC Research & Education Foundation
- Beverly Garnant, Executive Director, American Society of Concrete Contractors
- Douglas Guerrero, Chairman, CIM Patrons, California State University, Chico
- Marti Harrell, Vice President of Technical Services & Professional Development, National Precast Concrete Association Foundation (NPCA)
- Scott Harrison, Senior Associate, Construction Insight, Inc.
- Michael Ireland, President and CEO, Portland Cement Association
- Guillermo F. Martinez Sans,** Executive Vice President Human Resources USA, CEMEX
- Paul Ozinga, Executive Vice President, Ozinga RMC, Inc.
- Aaron Snowdon, Director of Information Technology, Digital Products, Lehigh Hanson
- Tom Strittmatter, Senior Vice President – Construction Chemicals, Sika Corporation
- Pierre G. Villere,** Chairman & Senior Managing Partner, Allen-Villere Partners
- Tim Wrinkle,** Product Manager, Mack Trucks
** Indicates new board members.
Honorary Directors Include:
- David L. Vickers, Permian Basin Materials, LLC
- Earl Keese, CIM National Steering Committee
- L. Michael Shydlowski, BASF Corporation
“For the last 25 years, the leadership of the concrete industry has embraced and supported the mission of the NSC for CIM of ‘advancing the concrete industry by degrees’,” said NSC Executive Director Rex Cottle. “Many major companies in the concrete industry, along with most national concrete associations and foundations, have pledged their time, talent and treasures to CIM through their involvement in the NSC. Those industry leaders who serve on our board of directors are a testament to their commitment to the continued success of CIM.”