The Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute (CRSI) announces the appointment of Jeff Estep as Chairman of the Board. This announcement comes along with six new officers. All of these new appointments will navigate the Institute during its next two years of operations.
Estep is the General Manager of Farwest Steel Reinforcing Company and Western Coating, Inc., located in Vancouver and Auburn, WA, respectively. Jeff has been with Farwest Steel and also Western Coating for 35 years. He also credits the involvement with CRSI for being a key component for the success of his businesses.
“Like steel reinforced concrete, CRSI is sustainable, resilient, and strong.” stated Estep, “As Chairman of the Board, I look forward to working with leadership and personnel in the coming years to further reinforce the Institute as the technical resource and a standards leader.”
In addition to Estep’s appointment, new officers on CRSI’s Board include Andre Belland (Rebarfab, Inc.) and Layne Jones (Commercial Metals Company) as At-Large Directors, and Marty Lancial (Commercial Metals Company) as the new Chairman of the CRSI Foundation in a Non-Voting Director role.
CRSI graciously thanks Tim Thomas (American Steel Fabricators, Inc.), Chris Stowers (Commercial Metals Company), and Scott Leib (aSa – Applied Systems Associates, Inc.) who will be rotating off the Board for their service to the Institute and the industry.
The full Board of Directors was approved at the Business Meeting held during CRSI’s Fall Business & Technical Meeting on November 8th, 2021 at the Ritz-Carlton Chicago. The 2021/2022 Board consists of:
- Jeff Estep, Farwest Steel Reinforcing Steel Company, Western Coating, Inc. – Chairman
- Brad Cottrell, Commercial Metals Company – Vice Chairman
- Adam Simmet, Simcote, Inc. – Secretary/Treasurer
- Donald Barney, Nucor Corporation – Past Chairman
- Andre Belland, Rebarfab, Inc. – At-Large Director
- Kevin Cornell, Salit Specialty Rebar – At-Large Director
- Bill Couturier, Barton Malow Company – At-Large Director
- Rob Faircloth, Contractors Materials Company – At-Large Director
- Layne Jones, Commercial Metals Company – At-Large Director
- Robert McClean, Commercial Metals Company – At-Large Director
- Eugene McManus, Harris/Nucor – At-Large Director
- Dean Peery, Gerdau – At-Large Director
- William Brack, Harris Rebar – Chairman, Marketing Committee
- Lou Colarusso, nVent – Chairman, Engineering Practice Committee
- Matthew Schewe, Commercial Metals Company – Chairman, Member Services Committee
Region Representative Directors
- Marcelo Acuña, ABC Coating Company, Inc. – Greater Southwestern Region Director
- Mary Alwin, Nucor Steel Sedalia – Midwest Region Director
- Jim Melvin, Re-Steel Supply Co., Inc. – Northeast Region Director
- Spence Peters, Steel Dynamics, Inc. – Southeast Region Director
- Bethany Hennings, Cascade Steel Rolling Mills, Inc. – Western Region Director
- Marty Lancial, Commercial Metals Company – Chairman, CRSI Foundation
- Dr. Danielle Kleinhans, Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute – President and CEO
About the Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute
The Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute (CRSI) began in 1924. It is also a technical institute. Additionally, it is a Standards Developing Organization (SDO) that stands as the authoritative resource for steel reinforced concrete construction. CRSI is among the Nation’s oldest trade associations. It also offers many industry-trusted technical publications, standards documents, design aids, reference materials and educational opportunities.
CRSI’s members represent over 80% of the U.S. manufacturers, fabricators and also placers of steel reinforcing bar and related product. Hence, the over 600 locations in 49 states, and with over 15,000 employees. Members produce, fabricate and also install approximately 9 million ton of reinforcing steel per year using scrap steel in efficient manufacturing operations. The estimates say, however, that the industry impacts over 75,000 people in steel transportation and placement in North America.
The CRSI membership also includes professionals across the country who involve themselves in the research, design, and construction of steel reinforced concrete. CRSI staff also comprises a nationwide region network of industry professionals.