The Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute honored GATE Precast with four “Best in Class” awards and four honorable mentions for project excellence at the conclusion of PCI’s 61st Annual Convention Feb. 21-25 in Columbus, Ohio.
The awards provided an opportunity for PCI to recognize precast projects across North America for excellence in design in both transportation and building categories. A panel of judges singled out projects that push the envelope, overcome challenges and improve concepts. “We are truly honored to be recognized by PCI,” says Dean Gwin, president & COO, GATE Construction Materials Group. “These winning projects exemplify the increasing versatility of precast and its growing diversity of uses. Of course, we recognize that our success is closely tied to the creative designers and owners who consistently push the envelope.”
Most notably, GATE received an honorable mention in the Harry H. Edwards Industry Advancement category for its work at the Winter Park Library in Winter Park, Fla. The special award showcases fresh, uninhibited concepts that move the industry to the next generation of technology.
GATE projects receiving honors at the PCI event include:
- The Outdoor Infantry Immersion Trainer, Camp Lejeune, N.C. – Best Military Building & Honorable Mention in the All-Precast Concrete Solution category: GATE Plant: Ashland City, Tenn.; Architect: LS3P, Charleston, S.C.
- Restoration Hardware, Dallas – Best Parking Structure (Hybrid): GATE Plant: Hillsboro, Texas; Architect: RH Architecture & Design, Madera, Calif.
- Ft. Lauderdale Aquatic Center, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. – Best Custom Solutions & Honorable Mention in the All-Precast Concrete Solution category: GATE Plant: Kissimmee, FL; Architect: Justin Architects, Ft. Lauderdale
- The Jasper, Charleston, S.C. – Best Mixed-Use Building: GATE Plant: Oxford, N.C.; Architect: LS3P, Charleston, S.C.
- The Winter Park Library and Events Center, Winter Park, Fla. – Honorable Mention, Government and Public Buildings, and Honorable Mention, Harry H. Edwards Industry Advancement award: GATE Plant: Kissimmee, Fla.; Architect: Adjaye Associates, N.Y.
Gate Precast Company operates nine manufacturing facilities with the most diverse product lines of prefabricated concrete systems for structures. With a delivery area encompassing more than two-thirds of the U.S., Gate Precast maintains its reputation for superior quality while continuously engaging with academia, design-assist partners and others in the construction industry to research and develop innovative prefabricated products and finishes for the built environment. With that focus, Gate Precast provides designers greater freedom through a resilient product, owners more cost certainty through lower life-cycle costs and builders an accelerated project schedule and cleaner, safer jobsites. Our many award-winning projects embody this focus. For more information, please visit www.gateprecast.com.