The Concrete Industry Management (CIM) program is a business intensive program that awards students with a four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Concrete Industry Management. CIM announces donation of the signature item for their annual auction at World of Concrete. The donation is a 2022 Mack Granite donated by Mack Trucks and equipped with a McNeilus FLEX Controls Standard Mixer donated by McNeilus.
“As a longtime leader in the construction segment, Mack Trucks is proud to continue our support of the Concrete Industry Management (CIM) program and the valuable teaching and professional development opportunities it provides,” said Tim Wrinkle, Mack Construction Product Manager. “Mack is once again donating a Mack Granite model to the CIM auction, which will go toward preparing students in the CIM program for careers in the concrete industry.”
“McNeilus is proud to continue our support of the CIM program and invest in future leaders that will advance the industry,” commented Robert Monchamp, Vice President and General Manager of McNeilus Mixers and London Machinery. “We believe in this program and its mission,” Monchamp added. “At McNeilus, we continue to innovate and invest in technology to help push the industry forward. The CIM program mirrors our commitment to support our ever-changing concrete industry and gives these graduates the skills to excel.”
The truck is a Mack Granite 2022 GR64BR mixer.
- VIN 1M2GR2GC6NM028655, Granite- Axle Back
- Engine – Mack MP7-425M, 425 hp, 1560 lb. ft. torque
- Engine Brake – Mack PowerLeash
- Cleartech® One emissions system
- Transmission – Allison 4500 RDS, 6 speed
- Wheelbase – 238-inch
- Frame – STEEL – 300mm X 90mm X 9.5mm — (11.81″ X 3.54″ X 0.37”)
- Front Axle – Mack FXL23, 23,000 lb.
- Rear Axle – Mack S462R, 46,000 lb., CRD 150/151 Mack Carrier, RAR 4.80
- Driver Controlled Inter Wheel Differential Lock, all Rr. Axles w/Individual Switches
- Rear Suspension – HMX460 Hendrickson Haulmaax Rubber Suspension 46,000 lb.
- Tires: 425/65R22.5 L Bridgestone M864, 11R22.5 H Bridgestone M799
- Brakes – Meritor “S” CAM 16.5″x6″ front, 16.5”x7” rear Q+ drum
- ABS – Bendix with Traction Control 4S4M
- Fuel Tank – LH 66 Gallon 22-inch Aluminum round
- DAVCO 382, (Fluid Heated) Fuel Heater/Water Separator
- Interior – Trim level: Base Steel Gray
- Paint Color – Mack White; P9188
- GuardDog Connect With 4G/LTE and WLAN system with diagnostic services
- Updated interior for better driver interface and ergonomics
- Full-color dash and instrument cluster with 5-inch copilot screen
- Mack premium seats developed with Sears seating for best-in-class comfort and durability
- Power windows and locks
- Self-cancelling turn signals
- Flat bottom steering wheel with both cruise and radio switches
- Two-piece windshield
- Alcoa – Clean Buffed Alum wheels
- Bright finish options: Front bumper, SCR cover, grill, air intakes, Hadley door mirrors
- Stainless steel sun visor
- RH/LH LED work light (steps & ground) on both sides of truck
- Premium stereo, CD-player, MP3, weatherband, Bluetooth
- Mixer Boc Xmber – steel rolled flanged for REPTO pump
The McNeilus FLEX Controls Standard Mixer includes:
- 10 1/2-cubic-yard M80 Series drum with paver opening
- Three FLEX Controls-Enabled Packages: Awareness, both GradeMaster and Fuel Saver featuring a new variable displacement pump and motor
- Flip up hopper
- PMP PMB 7.1 straight drive
- Round steel hydraulic tank
- Painted to match cab paint
- Outfitted with an abundance of operator assurance features, many both patented and exclusive to McNeilus
- Lightweight aluminum extension chutes
- Chute assist for foldover chute for an extra layer of protection for operators
- Both front and rear roller guards to protect operators from potential pinch hazards
- Rear camera
- GradeMaster to ensure the load stays forward in the drum on inclines
- Two-step bumper with four grab handles for easy access
- Ladder dampener for more control and help minimize pinch points
- Enhanced lighting package with night pour lights
- Split composite water tank 15/135-gallons
- Armrest with three-button joystick for operator comfort
Also Included with the mixer
- Delivery from Las Vegas to anywhere in lower 48 states
- All FET tax paid
- Mack extended warranty, 60 months/250,000 miles (Engine Plan 2, exhaust aftertreatment system, engine towing)
*Please note: Both truck and mixer body shown are for illustration purposes only. Refer to 2022 auction truck specifications for product details.
“Once again Mack Trucks and McNeilus have demonstrated their support for the CIM program,” said Ben Robuck, CIM Auction Committee Chairman. “This donation speaks volumes to their commitment to the concrete industry and the importance these leading companies place on the CIM program. This mixer truck will help ensure a successful CIM Auction at the 2022 World of Concrete.”
The annual auction will be held during the World of Concrete on Wednesday, Jan. 19 in the West Hall Room W106 of the Las Vegas Convention Center. For a full list of items, please also visit www.concretedegree.com/auction.
Those interested in donating should contact CIM Auction Committee Chairman Ben Robuck at either [email protected] or (404) 456-6867.
Receiving tremendous support from the concrete industry, the CIM program was the first of its kind in United States – a four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Concrete Industry Management. Since its humble beginning, the CIM program has expanded and offered at Middle Tennessee State University, California State University, Chico, Texas State University, New Jersey Institute of Technology and beginning in the fall of 2021, South Dakota State University. Today, there are almost 1,400 graduates of the Concrete Industry Management program working in the industry.
The goal of the CIM program
The goal of the program is to produce broadly educated, articulate graduates grounded in basic construction management, who are knowledgeable of concrete technology and techniques and are able to manage people and systems as well as promote products or services related to the concrete industry. It entails a broad range of courses, from English and history to science and mathematics also. A series of required business courses such as finance, marketing, management and business law are also taken throughout the length of the program.
The concrete-specific courses teach the fundamentals of concrete, properties and testing, concrete construction and more. All of these courses provide much more than what is simply in the text – they emphasize problem-solving, quality assurance and customer satisfaction. They utilize practical case studies and an internship to make sure the student obtains real-world experience essential to starting a successful career. Additional opportunities include on-campus socials and also other events providing industry networking and professional development.
In 2012, an Executive MBA program was added by the CIM National Steering Committee. The CIM Executive MBA is specifically designed for individuals with three or more years of experience in the industry.
The CIM program has provided and also continues to provide future leaders for the concrete industry. To learn more about the program, you can also visit www.concretedegree.com.