The American Concrete Institute (ACI) is pleased to recognize several individuals for their outstanding contributions and dedication to ACI and the concrete industry. The Fall 2023 awardees consist of personal and paper award winners who will be recognized at the ACI Concrete Convention, October 29-November 2, 2023. Please join us by registering at aciconvention.org.
The following medals and awards recognize exemplary achievement, groundbreaking research, and service to ACI and the concrete industry:
- ARTHUR R. ANDERSON MEDAL – Lawrence Sutter
- ROGER H. CORBETTA CONCRETE CONSTRUCTOR AWARD – Peter J. Ruttura
- CLYDE E. KESLER EDUCATION AWARD – Benoit Fournier
- ROBERT F. MAST AWARD – Stephen J. Seguirant
- HENRY C. TURNER MEDAL – Keith Kesner
- CHARLES S. WHITNEY MEDAL – Andrzej S. Nowak
- ACI CONCRETE SUSTAINABILITY AWARD – Moncef L. Nehdi
- ACI EDUCATION AWARD – Josh Edwards, Kirk McDonald
- WASON MEDAL FOR MOST MERITORIOUS PAPER – Benjamin Worsfold, Jack P. Moehle, John F. Silva
- ACI CONCRETE INTERNATIONAL AWARD – James E. Klinger, Oscar R. Antommattei, Aron Csont, Trevor
- Prater, Michael Damme, Bruce A. Suprenant
- ACI SYMPOSIUM VOLUMES AWARD – Amir Gheitasi, Christopher R. Gentz, Andrew Foden, Biniam Aregawi
- METE A. SOZEN AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN STRUCTURAL RESEARCH – Víctor Aguilar Vidal, Robert W. Barnes, Andrzej S. Nowak
- WASON MEDAL FOR MATERIALS RESEARCH – Hai Zhu, Dhanushika Gunatilake Mapa, Catherine Lucero, Kyle A. Riding, Abla Zayed
Learn more about each of the awards listed above at concrete.org.
About The American Concrete Institute
The American Concrete Institute is a leading global authority for the development, dissemination, and adoption of its consensus-based standards, technical resources, and educational, training, & certification programs. Founded in 1904, ACI is headquartered in Farmington Hills, Michigan, USA, with a regional office in Dubai, UAE, and resource centers in Southern California, Chicago/Midwest, and the Mid-Atlantic. Visit concrete.org for additional information.