The Concrete Industry Management (CIM) program – a business intensive program that awards students with a four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Concrete Industry Management – is pleased to announce the following list of contractor-focused items have been donated for its annual auction at World of Concrete in Las Vegas.
“We thank the concrete industry for their tremendous support for this year’s auction,” said Ben Robuck, CIM Auction Chairman. “Their support speaks volumes to the importance these companies place on the CIM program. These items will help ensure a successful CIM Auction at the 2024 World of Concrete.”
The 2024 CIM Auction featured items include:
- A JMP-60 concrete pump donated by Alliance Concrete Pumps, Papé Kenworth and Kenworth Truck Company.
- A 2024 Mack Granite GRFR model equipped with a Bridgemaster mixer donated by Revolution Concrete Mixers. View details of this item here.
CIM 2024 Auction Contractor-Focused Items
- Peterbilt Motors Company 2024 Model 567 with a Con-Tech Manufacturing, Inc. Extreme
Duty Mixer. View details of this item here.
- A Somero S-485 Laser Screed machine donated by Somero Enterprises, Inc. View
details of this item here.
While the list of items continues to grow, as of Jan. 9, the ready mixed concrete-focused auction items include:
- Allen Engineering Corp. – Pro446TC Walk-Behind Trowel
- American Concrete Institute – 10 copies of ACI/ ASCC Guide to Quality Concrete Construction
- American Concrete Institute – Two tickets to the Excellence in Concrete Awards
- American Concrete Pipe Association – Registration for ACPA’s Annual Business Meeting in March 2025, including hotel
- BlastOne International – Nova3Blast Hood, Yeti and BlastOne hooded sweatshirt
- Bosch Tool – Bosch 18V Pro Factor cordless kit
- Bullard – Bullard CEN10 Safety helmet & Bullard AboveView hard hat
- Calculated Industries – Six Model 4225 Concrete Calc Pro with Torpedo Levels
- COMMAND Center – COMMAND Center wireless starter kit
- d.p dorfmueller co. inc. – Two Print Reading for Construction textbook and videos
- Euclid Chemical Company – Concrete cure and seal package
- ForneyVault – Forneylink Touchscreen Compression Machine Controller
- Gilman Post – Box of 20 each of 3”, 5”, 7”, 9” and 11” Gilman Posts
- Makita U.S.A. – Ten (10) Refurbished Makita XSR01PT 36V rear handle saw kits
- MEVA Formwork Systems Inc. – Formwork rental
- Multiquip Inc. – One MQ Whiteman Walk-Behind Power Trowel – 36-inch and One MQ Whiteman Walk-Behind Power Trowel – 46-inch
- Myers Construction Materials Testing Equipment – Concrete Field-Testing kit
- The Quikrete Companies – Two truckloads of 80 lb. Quikrete concrete
- Ritz Safety – $5,000 credit for products on the Ritz Safety website
- Somero Enterprises, Inc. – Somero S-485 Laser Screed machine
- Stanley Black & Decker (DeWALT) – Five DEWALT tool kits
- Walther Electric – Walther Electric HEB201U Power Distribution Unit (POU)
For a complete list of current items available as well as instructions on how to register to participate in the auction, visit the CIM website auction page here: www.concretedegree.com/auction/current-auction-items
Receiving tremendous support from the concrete industry, the CIM program was the first of its kind in United States – a four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Concrete Industry Management. Since its humble beginning, the CIM program has expanded and offered at Middle Tennessee State University, California State University, Chico, Texas State University, New Jersey Institute of Technology and South Dakota State University. Today there are more than 1,600+ graduates of the Concrete Industry Management working in the concrete industry.
The goal of the program is to produce broadly educated, articulate graduates grounded in basic construction management, who are knowledgeable of concrete technology and techniques and can manage people and systems as well as promote products or services related to the concrete industry. It entails a broad range of courses, from English and history to science and mathematics. A series of required business courses such as finance, marketing, management and business law are also taken throughout the length of the program.
More about CIM
The concrete-specific courses teach the fundamentals of concrete, properties and testing, concrete construction and more. All of these courses provide much more than what is simply in the text – they emphasize problem-solving, quality assurance and customer satisfaction. They utilize practical case studies and an internship to make sure the student obtains real-world experience essential to starting a successful career. Additional opportunities include on- campus socials and other events providing industry networking and professional development.
The CIM program continues to provide future leaders for the concrete industry. To learn more about the program, visit www.concretedegree.com.