Dan Hooks, CERP (Certified Event Rental Professional), president and CEO of Party Reflections, in Charlotte, N.C., is now the 59th president of the board of directors for the American Rental Association (ARA), an international trade association serving the equipment and event rental industry.
As president, Hooks will assume a key role on behalf of the association as an officer and lead ARA’s Executive Committee. He brings years of experience with a focus in both party and event rental to his position on the board. The board consists of four officers and also 15 directors. This includes members who are also rental business owners or manufacturers and suppliers to the equipment and event rental industry.
Hooks has been an active volunteer. He has most recently completed his term on the board of directors as the ARA Party and Event Shared Interest Group (SIG) chair. Additionally, he was on the ARA Executive Committee. His other volunteer service includes serving on the Tenting Initiative Task Force, Events & Tents Task Force, ARA/ARA Insurance Member Risk Management Committee, CERP Recertification Task Force and the Party and Event SIG.
“l would like to challenge every member to get involved with the association and volunteer as much time as you can to the organization. There are more ways to contribute now than there have ever been. You can assist others by simply joining in the conversations. Use Facebook or other social media outlets to share your experiences. All these efforts help to build our event and equipment shared experience and further our industry”, says Hooks.
Other board member appointments
- Scott Irwin, Delux Rental, Ypsilanti, Mich. – President-Elect
- Scott Pevey of Ditch Witch, American Augers, Subsite Electronics and Trencor Brands, Perry, Okla. – Associate Member Director
- John Jeanguenat, RentalMax, Carol Stream, Illinois – SIG Chair
- Beth Hoff Blackmer, Aspen Rent-All, Basalt, Color. – Board Chair
- Doug Haas, Crown Rental, Burnsville, Minn. – Region Six Director
- Andrew Heesacker, Arvada Rent-Alls, Arvada, Colo. – Region Seven Director
- Steve Ricci, Bigfork Rentals, Bigfork, Montana – Region Eight Director
- Angie Venekamp, Rental Network, Squamish, British Columbia, Canada – Region Ten Director
The American Rental Association, Moline, Ill., is an international trade association for owners of equipment and event rental businesses and the manufacturers and suppliers of construction/industrial, general tool and party/event rental equipment. ARA members include more than 11,000 rental businesses and more than 1,000 manufacturers and suppliers. They are located in every U.S. state and more than 40 countries worldwide. The ARA was founded in 1955. It is the source for information, advocacy, education, networking and also marketplace opportunities for the equipment and event rental industry throughout the world.