- SUBSTRATE Concrete
- DRIVE: Sammys #14 (Black) Nut Driver (8113910)
- ROD SIZE: 3/8″-16
- MOUNT STYLE: Vertical
- SUBSTRATE FASTENER SIZE: 5/16″ x 1-3/4″ LENGTH 1.75 DIAMETER 0.3125
Note: Use a 1200 maximum RPM drill for installation.
Do not install concrete screws while the drill unit is in impact mode — doing so will destroy the pullout factor of the fastener
Special Nut Driver System
The nut drivers were designed with a unique spin-off feature which provides a fast and safe installation each time. When the face of the driver comes into contact with the material you are installing into, continue drilling until the nut driver spins free. Installation is then complete. Warranty requires the use of the appropriate nut driver for installations.
- Using either an SDS 250 carbide tip bit or a hex receiver with a #250 carbide tip bit, pre-drill the concrete member to a depth of 2” with a hammer/ rotary hammer drill set on impact mode.
- After pre-drilling has been completed, install the sleeve tool over the bit (the bit should remain in the drill), and insert the #14SW (red) nut driver (p/n 8114910) into the opposite end.
- Insert the SWC screw into the nut driver.
- Place the tip of the screw into the pre-drilled hole, turn the impact/drill unit to drill mode and begin insertion. When the nut driver spins free on the SWC screw, installation is complete. Stop and remove drill.
- The SWC screw is ready to receive either a 1/4”, 3/8” or metric all thread rod or bolt stock.
In 1987 Concrete Fastening Systems, Inc. was founded in a Midwest town that supports a strong work ethic – Cleveland, Ohio. Our priorities have always focused on guaranteeing that every transaction is based on a customer-friendly foundation and that competitive pricing is available for the highest quality products on the market. They commit themselves o keeping their valued customers satisfied.