The Confast Split Drive Anchor is a pre-expanded masonry fastener that, once installed, is tamper resistant. It is best for light duty fastening into concrete. The only ways to remove the fastened object are cutting off the head off the anchor, destroying the object being fastened, or pulling the anchor out to concrete failure.
Tamperproof Split Drive anchor features
- TAMPERPROOF: Anchor cannot be removed; provides security for item being attached
- FLAT COUNTERSUNK HEAD: Ideal for fastening wood to concrete where head of the anchor sits flush with surface of the wood
- NO SPECIAL TOOLS NEEDED: Drill the hole drive with a hammer; fast and simple
- ONE DIAMETER AND SEVEN LENGTHS: Wide selection options will meet most application requirements
- WIDE RANGE OF LENGTHS: The right fastener for the correct application
Installing a 1/4″ x 3″ (three inches) Split Drive Flat Zinc Plated
- Drill a 1/4″ hole into the concrete using a carbide-tipped bit that meets ANSI Standards B212.15.
- Drill the hole a 1/2″ deeper than the anchor will penetrate the concrete, making sure the minimum embedment requirements of 1-1/8″ is met.
- The hole can be drilled while the fixture is in place. The minimum hole in the fixture for the 1/4″ x 3″ (three inches) Split Drive Flat Zinc Plated is 3/8″.
- Clean the hole with a wire brush, vacuum, compressed air, or a blow-out bulb.
- Insert the 1/4″ x 3″ (three inches) Split Drive Flat Zinc Plated through the material to be fastened and into the hole, ensuring that the bottom of the head is sitting flush with the fixture plate.
- Hammer the anchor until the head of the anchor is tight against the item being fastened.
- Always use proper personal protective equipment per both manufacturers and OSHA instructions.
About Concrete Fastening Systems Inc.
Concrete Fastening Systems, Inc. has been selling concrete fasteners for over 35 years from a fully stocked warehouse in Cleveland, Ohio. Free, same-day shipping in every length and also diameter is available by ordering at www.confast.com. The company will then deliver the product within 1-3 business days.