Award-winning and ESOMAR-certified market research and consulting firm has recently published a new report. The report is on the global RDP powder market for the forecast period 2021-2031. According to the study, the market is poised to surpass US$ 3 billion valuation by 2031. It is expanding at a healthy CAGR exceeding 7% throughout the aforementioned period. They attribute the expansion of the global construction industry as the chief growth driver for this market.
The market made significant strides in the historical period. This was as growing concerns over increasing carbon footprint have compelled construction giants to incorporate green building solutions. This is a trend which has grabbed significant eyeballs within the polymers industry. The US Department of Energy advocates that green buildings contribute 34% lesser CO2 emissions. They also consume 25% less energy and use 11% less water.
In 2018, Nouryon (formerly Akzo Nobel Specialty Chemicals) was officially acknowledged as providing environmentally-friendly RDP polymer powders for its Elotex category the FL2280 and FL2200 respectively. These products have proven instrumental in reducing total volatile organic compounds (VOC) emissions in their formulations, permitting customers to formulate environmentally friendly flooring products which also improve indoor air quality.
Key Take Away from Market Study
- Vinyl acetate ethylene (VAE) RDP powder to enjoy elevated demand across forecast period
- By application, waterproofing mortar to emerge as the primary RDP powder utilizer over coming years.
- By end-use industry, residential construction projects to stimulate majority of demand, with non-residential projects acquiring equal popularity.
- The U.S. to experience high sales amid stringent VOC emission regulations issued by the Federal Authority
- Massive infrastructure development stimulus received amid the COVID-19 pandemic to heighten growth prospects in China
“As the global construction industry expands, manufacturers are seeking to make both highly durable public and private infrastructure. Thus, accelerating demand for RDP powder,” remarks a Senior Research Analyst.
Prominent RDP powder manufacturers profiled by research analyst include Nouryon, Dairen Chemical Corporation, Wacker Chemie AG, BASF SE, Dow Chemicals, Synthomer Plc., VINAVIL S.p.A., Shandong Xindadi Industrial Group Co. Ltd., and also FAR Polymers among others.
- In January 2021, Synthomer Plc. collaborated with experts at the University of Loughborough for furthering 3D concrete printing technology with respect to concrete manufacturing. The project receives support from a grant of £1.2 million from the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF).
- In 2019, Shandong Xindadi introduced its range of thick slag self-leveling complete solution for steel slag, steel sludge and also desulfurization gypsum. The former offers good fluidity and also strong particle suspension, which is beneficial to improving fluidity and strength of self-leveling. They use the latter primarily for both floor leveling and backfilling of buildings.