Bosch Power Tools has completed an overhaul of its grinder line-up to deliver a comprehensive portfolio of the most versatile and cost-effective grinders on the market. In 2013, 11 new tools will be available for purchase, each focused on delivering exceptional results to meet a wide variety of user needs.
Every new grinder delivers on the Bosch promise of more control, more power and more life.
Results from independent test agency SLG revealed that Bosch grinders outlast the competition to deliver the best tool lifetime in the market – up to 60 percent more life than competitors. A new motor design featuring direct motor cooling and more air vents to reduce hand blockage help extend the tool life and provide higher overload capabilities to prevent overheating. Additionally, improved carbon brushes offer more than double the lifetime of predecessor brushes, which means less downtime for maintenance.
The new grinders offer up to 2 amps more power than previous generation models to deliver the robust performance demanded by professionals in industries such as metal fabrication, energy, masonry and restoration.
Tools feature a new patented multi-grip paddle switch and textured housing to provide increased grip options for better ergonomics and tool control. The patented multi-grip paddle switch can now be operated in the front, middle and rear – as opposed to only in the rear on old models – to allow users to hold the grinder in any position. More air inlets also ensure hands are not blocking air flow.
New 2013 grinders hit stores in May and include four slide switch grinders and seven paddle switch grinders:
Slide Switch Grinders
- AG40-85: 4-1/2-inch angle grinder featuring an 8.5-amp, 11,500-rpm motor;
- AG50-10: 5-inch angle grinder featuring a 10-amp, 11,500-rpm motor;
- AG50-11VS: 5-inch variable speed grinder featuring an 11-amp, 2,800 – 11,500-rpm motor;
- AG60-125: 6-inch high-performance cut-off/grinder featuring a 12.5-amp, 9,300-rpm motor
Paddle Switch Grinders
- AG40-85P: 4-1/2-inch angle grinder with paddle switch featuring an 8.5-amp, 11,500-rpm motor
- AG40-85PD: 4-1/2-inch angle grinder with no lock-on paddle switch featuring an 8.5-amp, 11,500-rpm motor
- AG40-11P: 4-1/2-inch high-performance angle grinder with paddle switch featuring an 11-amp, 11,500-rpm motor
- AG40-11PD: 4-1/2-inch high-performance angle grinder with no lock-on paddle switch featuring an 11-amp, 11,500-rpm motor
- AG50-11VSPD: 5-inch variable-speed angle grinder with no lock-on paddle switch featuring an 11-amp, 2,800 – 11,500-rpm motor
- AG50-125PD: 5-inch high-performance angle grinder with no lock-on paddle switch featuring a 12.5-amp, 11,500-rpm motor
- AG60-125PD: 5-inch high-performance cut off/grinder with no lock-on paddle switch featuring a 12.5-amp, 9,300-rpm motor