H&C Concrete, Cleveland, Ohio
Perfect for a one-of-a-kind finish, this floor treatment gives you lots of room to get creative with your colors.
H&C Resurfacer Heavy Traffic texture system H&C Color Packs (Base coat: Sandstone; topcoat: Birch Bark)
H&C Semi-Transparent Decorative Stains (Meadow Green, Obsidian, Pumpkin Spice)
H&C Concrete Sealer, Solvent-based (Clear) or a water-based sealer (such as H&C Concrete Sealer Wet Look)
- Blend the Sandstone Color Pack into the water to be mixed with the Resurfacer.
- Mix Resurfacer into colored water. Pour mixture onto the concrete and trowel or squeegee down smoothly. Typically a darker color is used for the base coat, as it will eventually only be visible as the "grout" lines.
- After the Resurfacer has set, apply the tape in the pattern desired over the base coat, being sure to leave extra tape hanging off the edges to provide a starting point when it's time to remove.
- Mix the second Color Pack (Birch Bark) into the water for a second batch of Resurfacer. c Mix and pour this onto the concrete in small amounts and trowel down using a random fanning motion. Lift and drop the trowel as you work to create peaks and valleys (or use the trowel to create another desired pattern).
- Allow to dry overnight.
- Remove the tape to expose the pattern.
- Using the Semi-Transparent Decorative Stains (blended with water at a 2-to-1 dilution rate), spray the stain with a pump-up sprayer, blending and diluting colors to achieve a unique look. Apply as liberally or lightly as desired, and feel free to remove any stain to lighten the color, should too much be applied.
- Allow to dry 4 to 6 hours.
- Apply a water-based or solvent-based sealer. Keep in mind that a solvent-based sealer will darken the final appearance.