The American Concrete Institute (ACI) is pleased to recognize several professionals, groups, and also companies for their outstanding contributions and dedication to ACI and the concrete industry. The 2022 honorees include the induction of Honorary Members, ACI’s highest honor, which recognizes either persons of eminence in the field of the Institute’s interest, or one who has performed extraordinary meritorious service to the Institute.
The following five individuals are inducted as Honorary Members:
- Bev Garnant
- Lawrence F. Kahn
- Luke M. Snell
- Roberto Stark
- William E. Rushing, Jr.
ACI is also pleased to recognize 24 individuals for maintaining their membership and participating in ACI
activities for at least five decades. Additionally, ACI honors 20 new Fellows for their outstanding contributions to the production or use of concrete materials, products, and structures in the areas of education, research, development, design, construction, or management.
Awardees will be recognized during the ACI Concrete Convention, March 27-31, 2022. Please join by
registering at aciconvention.org.
The following awards recognize exemplary achievement, groundbreaking research, and service to ACI
and the concrete industry:
- HENRY L. KENNEDY AWARD – David H. Sanders
- CEDRIC WILSON LIGHTWEIGHT AGGREGATE CONCRETE AWARD — Reid W. Castrodale
- STRATEGIC ADVANCEMENT AWARD – Joseph C. Sanders
- WALTER P. MOORE, JR. FACULTY ACHIEVEMENT AWARD – Cameron D. Murray
- ACI CERTIFICATION AWARD — Bryan M. Birdwell, Tammy Buck, Rita Madison
- ACI YOUNG MEMBER AWARD FOR PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENT – Both Saman Ali Abdullah and Lisa E.
- DELMAR L. BLOEM DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD — Abdeldjelil Belarbi, Christopher C.
Ferraro, and also William J. Gold
- CHAPTER ACTIVITIES AWARD — Ramon Fernandez Allado, Jose Lozano y Ruy Sanchez, Radhika
Markan, and also Josseph Eli Mandujano Zavala
ACI Foundation Awards
- ARTHUR J. BOASE AWARD — Brahim Benmokrane
- JEAN-CLAUDE ROUMAIN INNOVATION AWARD — Karen Scrivener
- ROBERT E. PHILLEO AWARD — Carolyn M. Hansson
- BUILDING THE FUTURE AWARD – Jeffrey W. Coleman
You can also learn more about how ACI Honors Outstanding Contributions to the Industry and each of the awards listed above at concrete.org.
The American Concrete Institute is a leading global authority for the development, dissemination, and also adoption of its consensus-based standards. It also serves as a technical resource and offers educational, training and certification programs. The association began in 1904. Additionally, it has its headquarters in Farmington Hills, Michigan, USA. It also has a regional office in Dubai, UAE. Additionally, the ACI has a resource center in Southern California. For further information, visit www.concrete.org